Oceanographer • France
Jean-Claude Gascard is a director of research emeritus at the CNRS. He works in the LOCEAN laboratory at the Pierre and Marie Curie University in Paris. He has been interested in the Arctic Ocean and its role in the earth’s climate for 25 years. He is the coordinator of Europe’s integrated Damocles project (2005-2010), which is looking into the origins and consequences of climate change in the Arctic.
• Gascard, J.-C. et al., Exploring Arctic Transpolar Drift During Dramatic Sea Ice Retreat. EOS, Vol. 89, No. 3, pp. 21-23, 15 January 2008
• Proshutinsky, A, Morison, J., Ashik, I., Carmack, E., Frolov, I., Gascard, J.-C., Itoh, I., Krishfield, R., McLaughlin, F., Polyakov, I., Rudels, B., Schauer, U., Shimada, K., Sololov, V.. Steele, M., Timmermanns, M.-L-, Toole, J. (2008) 5. The Poles, 3) Ocean. In D.H. Levinson and J.H. Lawrimore (eds) State of the climate in 2007, Special supplement to the Bulletin of American Meteorological Society, Vol 89, No 7, 586-589.
• Dushaw, Au, Beszczynska-Möller, Brainard, Chiu, Cornuelle, Duda, Dzieciuch, Fahrbach, Forbes, Freitag, Gascard, Gavrilov, Gould, Howe, Jayne, Johannessen, Lynch, Martin, Menemenlis, Mikhalevsky, Miller, Munk, Nystuen, Odom, Orcutt, Tossby, Sagen, Sandven, Simmen, Skarsoulis, Stephen, Vinogradov, Worcester and Wunsh. "A Global Ocean Acoustic Observing Network." Accepted community paper to OceanObs09, September 2009.
• Gascard, J.-C. Public Service Review : European Union, issue 16 - "The European Research on Climate; The International Polar Year and the Damocles Project... "
• Gascard, J.-C. "The European Integrated Project DAMOCLES 2005 -2009; A european contribution to the International Polar Year"
• Gascard, J.-C. The Parliament, European Politics and Policy Magazine, issue 255, 29 October 2007 "Environment and Climate Change in the Arctic Ocean reported by DAMOCLES
© Le Cercle Polaire - Octobre 2008 - Tous droits réservés